Sunday, January 10, 2010

Maintenance and Wile E. Coyote

Bike maintenance. On a long enough time line, everyone has to do it. Lube, brake adjustments, derailleur high / low adjustments--its the key to a smooth ride. Usually we just have to add some air to the tires. Every time I pump more air into my bike tires, I mean every time, I can't help but think of one thing: Wile E. Coyote. Perhaps it is the lasting power of Loony Tunes, but I like to think its the kid still in me and bikes just naturally bring out.


Fortunately, no tire has ever exploded in my face, unlike Mr. Coyote, where everything went horribly wrong. The poor guy never did get his meal. These animals are quite the survivors actually and have gotten a bum rap for centuries. Any animal that can totally adapt to a human habitat has my respect (yes, sadly, even cockroaches and certainly foxes in London). I recently ran across a real-life Wile E. Coyote story that was Loony Tunes worthy. And just like the cartoon, after a seemingly huge fall and crash, the little guy was ok.

An amazing short story: l i n k

P.S. He escaped from the wildlife enclosure and is probably roaming free in a much more lush and hospitable place.

No comments:

Post a Comment